Benchmark Opportunity Partners, LLC (“Benchmark”) is looking to acquire neighborhood and community shopping centers throughout the United States. Benchmark is a private investment group with a streamlined analysis and investment program. Benchmark seeks fundamentally sound real estate that can be acquired at a compelling basis providing a competitive advantage and can benefit from value add execution that stabilizes a transitional or sub-optimal income stream while enhancing the physical attributes of the asset. Primary acquisition criteria are as follows:
• Type: Neighborhood and community shopping centers.
• Targeted Investment Size: $6 million to $20 million.
• Preferred Markets: Central and Western United States (west of the Mississippi) and Florida.
• Market Sizes: Primary, secondary and tertiary markets will be considered.
• Yield Targets: 12% (leveraged) and above. Dependent upon risk.
• Capital/Structure: Private capital with no committees involved.
• Maximum Leverage: 60% debt.
• Risk Levels: Benchmark’s ideal investment will have some upside opportunity. This can vary from contractual rent growth over time, improved leasing, lease-up of existing vacancy and/or complete redevelopment. As stated above, Benchmark’s targeted returns will vary in keeping with the risk of the particular transaction.
Summary: Benchmark is an opportunistic acquisition firm that can move quickly and creatively for the right opportunities. Benchmark (and our predecessor companies) has a long history of acquisitions and investments.
For further information: